Saturday, December 23, 2006

Review of 2006

This has been a busy year full of changes for us. I thought I would gloss over some of them, not sure why.

I started the year off with doctor's appointments for headaches I had no idea I would still be dealing with now. Thanks to all of you that showed support and love. Maybe this next treatment will be the one.

We had several friends have babies this year, must have been in the water. My best friend Misty now has a nine month old and a 13 year old. We like to call them mini Marc and mini Misty. : ) Mark's best friend Tyler and his wife Kelly had a baby boy on our anniversary. What a good day! I had a friend I was working with who had a baby after almost ten years of trying. I am so happy for her and her husband. We also have some friends here that had a little girl on Halloween. And the last one, one of Mark's friends from high school Tom and his wife had a boy. I think we had three friends have babies within a month. : 0

I think I have the best husband ever. He supports me and allows me to do something I never know would be so amazing in my life. October 2005 he got me Megan for Christmas and we have been becoming active members of the Corgis & Critters rescue ever since. This has been one of the best things to ever happen to me. We started out doing home inspections and transporting dogs and then in July we decided it was time to foster. We ended up adopting our first foster Luke and Mark now has his first dog ever. I know some of you think we are crazy, but I have trouble putting into words how much this has helped me and changed my life. The rescue even asked me to join the board as secretary for 2006.

We are still loving our house and probably always will. There is something special about your first house. I know we hate our daily drives to work and back, but we wouldn't trade living here for the world.

Thanks for your thoughts, prayers, etc. while my dad was in Baghad this year. We were finally able to see him again the day after Thanksgiving. He is still in CA dealing with health stuff, but we are lucky he made it home safely. Can you tell I have spent the last year in therapy dealing with my childhood?

I just wanted to say thank you for all our friends and family and we are grateful for you. I hope you all have safe and happy holidays.

2 comments:

cyclefreaks said...

That was an awesome post, thanks for sharing with us.

I'm extremely proud of you for all of your work with the rescue and for being strong enough to go to therapy. I'm still scared of it, but knowing that you are making progress with it makes me hopeful. :)

Merry Christmas, see you tomorrow!

Candice said...

You want proof of how well the therapy is going, ask Mark how well I handled grandma and her comments while she was here.