Monday, June 18, 2007

Catch up

I am liking my job more everyday. I can see myself being here long term. This just feels right.

There is a dog I have been in love with since the first time she came into the hospital. We were supposed to dog sit her for a month but they said I charged too much so the in-laws were keeping her. Imagine my surprise when I walked into work last Tuesday to find out she was there. Then imagine my anger to find out it was because the kids had put a rubberband around her back foot and between two toes and she needed surgery to heal. It was there for about a week and a half before they wondered why she wouldn't walk on that foot. The surgery quote was double what I would have charged to watch her for the month, nice huh? Anyway, they decided to turn her over to the hospital and then me. I am crazy about her, but the rest of the family doesn't really agree. They like her, but the kids will be happier when she's gone. She is a 5 1/2 month old beagle bassett mix. If you know me at all you know that's what my first dog was. This dog is just as sweet as she was.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The hubby spent the weekend in OK, celebrating birthday's and father's day. He almost didn't get to drive home today, some of the roads flooded. Good times. He can tell you how his weekend went.

We will be spending from now until the party getting the house clean, stuff done, etc. Can't wait to see you all.

3 comments:

cyclefreaks said...

"I am liking my job more everyday. I can see myself being here long term. This just feels right."

That makes me so proud. :)

Candice said...

Awh, thanks! I bet the flowers the kids sent me made all the difference. I still have the card on the fridge.

Anonymous said...

Some people shouldn't be lucky enough to own animals.

I am so glad you are happy!!