Updates
I went back to my neurologist today for my follow up. He said he is still a little concerned over the infection in my shoulder and to finish out the antibiotics. If it comes back I will need to have a small surgery to replace part of the wiring. Much better then the whole thing. I also got to turn my head back on today. There were a few areas that still caused me some pain but the ones that I really need for my headaches are back up and working great. Now I can stop taking pain pills everyday!
We found out a friend's husband has leukemia this week. He went to the ER with a bad case of pneumonia and they discovered the leukemia. They are going to move him from FL to MD Anderson for treatment. The doctor's are hopeful and keep telling them this is a type of leukemia they can cure. Keep you fingers crossed and their family in your thoughts.
Andy went to his new home on Monday. He went to live with a very sweet couple in their 70's. They are retired and will take him traveling with them in the rv. Lucky for us some of the traveling is here so we will be able to see him from time to time. Now all we have to do is get Ford posted and find him his new home. He goes in for his recheck tomorrow and should get a clean bill of health.
We also did something awesome on Monday, we ordered a new couch, chair and ottoman! They won't be in for a few weeks but we are super excited. We will finally be able to have a new couch of our own to sit on and an ottoman to put our feet up on. When money allows we will probably get a recliner or something like it. And we'll also get new tables. The wood on the feet of the couch is a different shade then the stuff we have now. Another adult purchase made. Maybe after this we can find a piece of art (hint hint Steph) to put up in the living room and then paint the rest of the walls in here.
The week started out good, dipped down and came back up a little for us. Hopefully tomorrow will continue going back up. I know the weather is great and its hard for me not to be happy when its like this. Its my favorite time of the year! Happy Fall everyone!!!!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You know that if you friend's husband needs anything--even if it's just someone to gripe to, I'm here.
I know, you really are a great guy. Its Misty's brother in law. She said her sister and brother in law just got to Houston today and they took him from the airport via ambulance to MDA. If Misty decides to come visit them while they are there we might try to come that way also.
I wanna see furniture pics! awesome. that's one adult purchase that we have found quite fulfilling. :)
The furniture isn't here yet. Had to be ordered so it will take about 4 weeks or so...
Post a Comment