Friday, September 11, 2009

Hello Again

Its almost 5am here at the Bloyd house and I'm still awake. My sleep schedule is all screwed up and since I was up most of last night dealing with stomach issues and sleeping on the couch half the day probably didn't help. Stomach issues hit again around 1:30am, I'm ready for whatever it is to move on outta here. I have to go to work today, my stomach just needs to man up already.

Being up all night does give me a lot more time to spend with the cats. Its great to watch Tonks (Mark still hasn't come up with a name so I'm calling her Tonks until he does). She loves to try to play with everyone she sees. Dogs, cats, humans, whatever is fine with her. She is also very loving so I think my prayers have finally been answered I after more then 30 years of dreaming I might finally have a lap cat. I couldn't be happier about her staying here. Its funny how quickly I knew she was special and the right cat for us. She managed to make me fall in love with her and everyday she reminds me why. This kitten is full of life, she doesn't know a stranger, wants to see what everything is and will come to you for attention or affection over and over. She is the annoying little sister to the other three cats chasing them around trying to get them to play with her. I have also seen all of the other three cats play more since Tonks got here. She never fails in making me laugh and have fun with her. We will have to work with poor little Luke because he's still scared of her, Megan could care less that's she's there as long as she leaves her alone. Mario did a good job of teaching the dogs if they just leave the cats alone everything will be fine. Now everyone is adjusting again because Tonks just keeps trying to get anyone to play with her. I have no doubt she will win them all over the way she did me. I see kittens needing homes all the time at work and there was just something about her that I couldn't ignore. She's a special girl and the perfect addition to our family. Thank you again Mark for allowing her to stay. I'm not sure you will ever know how much that means to me.

Last week we tried the nerve burning procedure again and it seems to have helped. I even had a headache free day and that hadn't happened in a long time. Right now I am waiting to hear back from my doctor to see if I can get it lined up again for this coming week. There are a lot of nerve endings so it doesn't always work. You just have to keep trying. This gave me a break in the daily pain and hope that there is something out there that can give me relief that doesn't come in a pill. I have places to go and things to do and don't want to put my life on hold any longer then I have to. I was dying to go back to work. I'm sure I was pretty annoying Tuesday with my smiles and happy cheery self but I don't care. It was great to be back. By the next day the pain was coming back. I made it until I got home before I popped any meds. Due to some things that went on at work me being there on anything that doesn't come over the counter isn't going to work for me. I have too much to stand to lose. My boss is being great and letting me work half days, that's about 6 hours for our normal days. Tomorrow I'm only scheduled for 4ish hours and that depends on how busy we are if I get to stay. I am hoping my boss will just let me work Saturday instead. She will be there and it won't be bad if we have an extra person because Saturday's are always busier for us. We'll see what she says when I talk to her later today.

Hope you all have a great Friday after the short week. I'm gonna go see if I can get some sleep. Peace Out!

No comments: