Friday, January 14, 2005

STFU.

Ok, so I haven't posted in a while. Deal with it. It's not like I'm a literary genius or something waiting to be discovered.

Work has been REALLY busy and is only going to get more so. We have had project after project beating down our door wanting parts made. Proof to that effect, my boss told me that starting tomorrow I am going back on the overtime schedule. That means that my time basically goes from being recorded on a two-week basis (80 hrs in two weeks) to a weekly basis. I get paid straight time for anything I work over 40 hrs in 1 week. The catch is, that I have to work 48 hrs in 1 week to get paid for any of the overtime.

To review:
47 hrs worked = no overtime
47.9 hrs worked = no overtime
48 hrs worked = 8 hrs paid overtime

Not a bad deal considering that I am already a salaried employee. This is completely optional on my bosses part. He could just fuck me over and say 60 hrs mandatory. Like I said, it's only pay at straight time, but that adds up in a hurry when you get 20+ hrs of extra pay in a check.

Good Times.



No comments: