Thoughts please
Ok, I have reached a point in my life where I am not very happy. And keep in mind when reading this, I am not referring to Mark. I have a few people that I like to think of as my best friends. Lately I am noticing more and more that I feel things are becoming one sided. I feel like I do most of the calling, emailing, visiting, etc. I know we are growing up, having families, and those things take more time. I get that. I wouldn't complain about that stuff.
Anyways, I had a fight with one of these friends at the first part of the week and we're still not speaking. I have been sitting here for the last few days trying to decide if it's me and what I am doing to cause these patterns. I have always been someone who will go out of my way for someone I care about. That's just who I am. So, am I setting myself up for all these hurt feelings? Do I do too much for other people so that when they do less for me, I end up feeling hurt in the long run?
I am also the type of person who needs to be around people. I moved here almost 4 years ago and have only made one close friend. I hate being away from my friends and family. It is very hard for me, I feel very alone here. I did what I had to because I go where Mark goes, not complaining about that, and don't think we would ever move back. So now I am faced with trying to figure out how I can learn to be happy here.
I have a job that I like and am going to school three nights a week. A great husband who I'm lucky to have. So, why am I still so unhappy? Loneliness. Disappointment in my friends. Anyway, thoughts, suggestions, etc.
Thursday, January 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment