Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Good surprises

Don't you just love the unexpected good things that come along? Thanks to my friend Joe changing departments we discovered we were supposed to get more vacation days this year. I found out yesterday I had another 5 days of vacation to use this year. I only have to work until Dec. 19th and then I am off until Jan. 3rd. That was a good Monday if you ask me!

We took Megan to PetsMart this past weekend to get her picture taken with Santa. I know, it makes us sound like those crazy people. But the cost was only $9 and $5 of that was being donated. We also managed to sign her up for her obdience class for $20 off. Not a bad thing at all.

Now I need all of you to keep your fingers crossed for me. I have my yearly review tomorrow and this will be done by my new boss. She used to be my bosses boss until he left. In the past I have gotten decent reviews, just very small raises and bonuses. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to get anything. I just can't ignore that little voice in the back of my mind reminding me how under paid I am and I will probably get the usual small raise that doesn't even cover cost of living increase. Oh well, at least I have a job and like it.

Haapy Birthday to Mark's brother, Greg, tomorrow the 14th. I hope you all have safe and happy holidays.

No comments: