WOW
For some reason I said that on two of the comments on other peoples blogs today. Hmm. Maybe its because I'm growing to hate the word? And I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with World of Warcraft. Nah.
Sorry I don't blog more, it’s blocked at work and I don't get the computer much anymore. I either have to hit it before Mark gets home or when he's playing the XBox. The rest of the time he's usually on it. I will try to do better. I'm taking Novels & Short Stories this semester, maybe I should poll the blog for thoughts, comments, etc. on homework and stuff.
Sigh. I know this doesn't bother some, but it seems to be really bothering me. My dad volunteered to go to Iraq. He is being sent over there and leaves on the 22nd for nine months. He will go to training first, then away. And he was due to retire this August, now that will have to wait until next year because he won't be here to do the paperwork. I understand why he is doing it, and I am grateful for every person that is over there and willing to die for us. However, it still sucks. How will I ever have my great therapy session if he's over there or worse doesn't come back? That break through that finally sinks into his thick head they result of his actions on the rest of us. I can't help but worry and be scared. I know he's a giant ass, but he is still my dad. It’s weird how moving away and not having to live with someone and their shit day after day can improve a relationship. Cory told me it would get better when I moved out. At the time I thought he must be on crack. No one in this world can piss me off faster or more then my dad. Maybe it helps to be able to avoid him now when he's drunk or in one of those moods. I still have lots of anger and issues to deal with and now I will get to add this to the pile. Anyway, maybe you guys could think of him and the rest of the troops fighting for us and wish them a speedy return.
On a happy note, Mark and I get to play transporters this weekend. We are taking Megan to Houston to see her foster mom and the pups. She is having some alpha issues and we want to try to figure out why and how to make it better. Now we have the added bonus of delivering a dog just broke free from a shelter to a foster home here in Dallas. We know we aren't ready to be foster parents yet, but we still wanted to do what we can to help. More then just writing a check. Sunday will be our first run and I'm really excited. His name is Bosley and they say he is super sweet, a teddy bear.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If it helps, try not to think of it as being "grateful for every person that is over there and willing to die for us." Instead, think of it as "being grateful for every person willing to put their country before themselves and serve." It's a little less bleak and leaves room for hope that he'll be home again soon to piss you off once again.
Jerm
Thanks Jerm. And the last sentence made me laugh.
Post a Comment