I just need to talk about my day
Today wasn't a great day for me. Megan had to have surgery, cherry eye and extracting one of her big teeth at the top in the back. The cherry eye should have good success and we caught it early so hopefully it didn't bother her too much. For those that don't know it has to do with the third eyelid. Corgis don't have a history of having cherry eye issues but shit happens. The doctor said with most dogs if they get it in one eye they usually get it in the other eye too so we have that to watch for. Back when the rescue first found Megan they had her teeth cleaned, we had them done again in February and just had to have it done again today along with the extraction. Guess she's got shitty genes there. For the next two weeks she gets to eat "gruel" (canned dog food mixed with water until there isn't anything she might have to chew). After her stitches come out she can work back to normal food and maybe even a bone! She's still pretty out of it, I would be too after a shot of Morphine and anesthesia. We also had to take Luke in again. For the last 10 weeks or so we have been battling with him chewing on his feet. He does this until he gets open wounds and causes an infection. This happened last fall so we thought it was allergies. He has already had three rounds of steroids, allergy meds and even had his food changed to a hypo allergenic diet. Last week he discovered he could jump the big baby gate and help himself to the cat food. This is bad for his diet and the cat food is damn expensive. We had to start crating him again when we are gone so this meant lots of time to stress out and chew on his feet. They are worse then I have ever seen them now and he's only been crated again since Thursday. Today we had to get another round of antibiotics and started a heavy does of anti-anxiety meds. Hopefully this will be the right fix and we can get him healthy again. It breaks my heart to see him like this.
So I'm stressing today because I have both my dogs at work sick and then around 5pm a co-worked goes bitch on me. She's been having a lot of issues in her personal life and somehow came to the conclusion that we all hate her at work and are just faking when we are nice to her. I asked her what in the world made her think that and told her I do not hate her. She said something about me not worrying about it because she didn't care, blah blah. Thinking back I realize she never said she believes me about not hating her and it sounded a lot like she had decided she didn't care too much for me. This pissed me off. On the way out the door we were the only too left and I let her know once again that her thought was bullshit and gave her an example to show that I did like her and care about her feelings. It went bad and I cried the whole way home. I guess I was the perfect person to unload all her problems and insecurities on. I'm just glad I have the next two days off. I need a break after today.
One a happier note Boone is doing much better and I think was on his way home from the hospital today. Boone, you are an amazing guy. Four rounds of chemo and surgery back to back and he's not letting it slow him down at all. I'm so proud of you. We all love you. Let us know when you are ready for your ball.
Steph, please post more pictures. I know you just did and I love everyone of them, but seeing Kaia makes my world all better and I could use a little of that right now.
Cory is right, the new Metallica is amazing. We already bought our tickets for the Tulsa show and I got my new fan club kit and t-shirt in the mail today. Soon I will have a real copy of the new cd in hand.
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment