Sunday, March 22, 2009

Our vacation is coming to an end

Last Saturday we drove up to Oklahoma after I got off work. We spent the night there and drove to Eureka Springs the next day. Mark and I went there for our first vacation together back in college and decided it was time to go again. We haven't had a vacation together in forever. Anyway, we stayed there a couple days eating and walking around. We drove back to Oklahoma to the parents on Tuesday. They were kind enough to watch the dogs for us. Tuesday night Misty came over and brought her kids for us to see. Alexia is your typical teenage girl getting ready to turn 16. I'm sure she thought she would die of boredom. Conor is now 3 and cute as ever. He is a fun kid to be around. Nights like that make me hate living so far from my best friend's and siblings. Kids grow up so fast. It also makes me appreciate friendships I've had for over 20 years now. I don't know what I would do without them. Ok, back to our vacation. We headed back home on Wednesday and our vacation became a staycation. Thursday night we met up with Joe & Chrystine at Chuy's for dinner. Later that night Boone stopped by on his way out and crashed here. Thanks for the cookies! Friday we were the biggest nerds ever and stayed up until 2am finishing up season 2 of Lost. That shit's like crack. I know why I avoided it for so long. Saturday my mom drove down for a quilting class. We spent the afternoon shopping, Mark was napping and gaming. That night we went out for some Shogun. Mmm...Today we slept in and mom cooked us breakfast before her class. She will be back next weekend for the second half. Time for leftovers and more Lost. The only thing I hate about today is knowing tomorrow we head back to work. Later.

No comments: