No Really, it's a nice place!
Well, I have another chapter to tell in the "Get a fucking house" book.
Monday morning around 2:00 am we had another person knocking loudly on the door. I woke up immediately and hopped out of bed (to tell the cops I wasn't beating my wife, lol). I peer out the peep hole to see some moron in his early 20's standing outside our door. Blue jeans, no shirt on, boxers pulled up about 2"-3" above the jeans. He was (for lack of a better description) "puffing his chest" and gesturing like a person would do when they were confronting someone with the intention of fighting. Thing was, he was basically doing this to our front door, incoherently muttering the whole time.
I sat and watched him thru the peep hole without saying a word. After a minute or so of him showing our front door who's boss, he then turns and heads down the stairs. My first thought is that this moron is going to go start yelling at our windows or throw something thru them. I make my way to the guest room to look down on him and see him continue out into the parking lot of our complex. At this point he starts yelling something (once again, nothing I can understand) at the top of his lungs. Apparently at that point the front gate must of said something off-color to him because he proceeded to go have a shoving match with the gate. I think he won.
Side note: I'm now sitting on the floor of the guest room with the wife watching the moron thru the window.
After the gate incident he walks out of the apt. complex and stops in the middle of the street. He then alternates from pacing and yelling to sitting on the median. He somehow flags down two cars who stop and see if anything is wrong. They both quickly speed off realizing that this guy is drunk or on something. At this point, C and I decide to go ahead and call the cops on this moron. C calls and gives the operator a description of the moron and his current location.
Within a few minutes a police car pulls up. The moron turns to face the car and begins to talk with the officer who is standing behind the door to the car. After introductions, the officer starts walking up to the moron. This is when things go bad for our antagonist. Moron starts to back away from the officer, keeping about three to four feet away from him. I can't hear what is being said, but he must of sweet talked the officer because the officer pulls out his pepper spray. Luckily for the moron, he realizes he's about to be in for a world of hurt and quickly lays down on the pavement. The officer then gently places his knee on the moron's back and handcuffs him.
At this point I think things are calming down. The police officer starts calling on his radio and it seems that all is done. Oh wait, the moron has some fight left in him. For some reason the moron starts flailing his legs and kicking like all hell. The officer then appears to place the moron in some type of sleeper-hold or somesuch. Both men are spread out on the pavement in the middle of the street. Less than a minute later, two more police cars pull up. Three additional officers have shown up to help out. The four of them get the moron up and introduce him to the hood of one of the cop cars and quickly search his pockets. At this point, 2 more cop cars show up (5 total). A fire truck drives up as well, quickly followed by an ambulance. Just before the fire and ambulance arrive, they wrestled him into the back seat of one of the cop cars. When the fire/EMT personnel arrive they basically checked the moron and then left.
That was about it. We headed back to bed an hour after the knocking once the police cars started thinning out. A hour of sleep lost but then hey, how often do you get to see the police in action like that?
The whole ordeal made me damn glad that there are people like those police out there who will deal with morons like that. I'll suffer the occasional speeding ticket and not think less of you, you just keep the dangerous guys off the street.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment