Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Can't think of a title for this one

Mark is in Iowa right now. His grandpa passed away this past Saturday. This was the grandpa/husband to his grandma that passed away in December. I know this can happen, but it is still so sad. I worry about his mom having lost both her parents within 6 months of each other. Hopefully his brother getting engaged this month to an amazing girl and a wedding coming this fall will give her something positive to focus on and help her through this.

On a lighter note Andy lost another two pounds! He was between 55-56 when we got him and he is now down to 47.7. That's a huge difference for a dog. And he is recovering great from his surgery. He is like a whole new dog and even jumped on the coach the other night. I will post him on the rescue sit in the next two weeks and start trying to find him his new forever home. Due to his health issues he will be considered a special needs dog and we will be more selective as to where he goes and his environment.

Heads up folks, Boone is finishing up his last round of chemo and when he feels up to it we are going to throw him a Ball! Yep, that's what I said. It will be a few months away but I wanted to be sure and mention it.

Somehow I managed to knock over my 3/4 full Dr. Pepper tonight face down right into my white leather work shoes. About half the can poured in there before I grabbed the can and got it out. How in the hell? Anyway, I rinsed the inside until the water coming out was clear and turned it upside down to dry. Hope that doesn't ruin it.

New Laurell Hamilton came out today for those that care. I will run out tomorrow sometime. I haven't been reading much over the last 6 months or so and don't feel like myself. With Mark gone for a few days I thought it would be a good time to catch up. I might even get my brother off my back and read the Dresden book. : )

Before I go, should I watch the new Battlestar without Mark Friday night or let it DVR and wait?

5 comments:

Skept said...

there was no new battlestar Friday night, just FYI.

Also, let me borrow your anita blake book when you're finished.

Anonymous said...

She's talking about this coming Friday, you douche.

And you should wait on your husband.

Okjerm said...

Iowa doesn't have the Sci-Fi Channel?

cyclefreaks said...

Don't wait, watch it without him and then ruin key moments in the show just before they happen...

Just joking. You should wait for Mark.

Candice said...

Jerm, he won't be in Iowa by then.

I guess I'll wait. I can always watch What Not To Wear at its real time for a change.