That is a good visualization. And while I haven't done the math, it seems accurate.
But, of course, it's based on a slightly skewed premise. When announcing the cuts, he followed with this:
"None of these things alone are going to make a difference. But cumulatively they would make an extraordinary difference because they start setting a tone," Obama said. "And so what we're going to do is line by line, page by page, $100 million there, $100 million here, pretty soon, even in Washington, it adds up to real money."
I don't know about you, but that seems to make a hell of a lot of sense to me.
... it reminds me of all the media outlets talking about military funding cuts, although the overall spending on the military increased by 4% from the prior year.
Oh goddang. I didn't post this to say I thought Obama's policies were crap or how i hate democrats or anything like that. It was just to give some sense of scale to amount of $100 million dollars.
That's it.
Nothing more.
And for the record, while yes, I am a registered Republican, I think both parties right now are full of shit.
4 comments:
That is a good visualization. And while I haven't done the math, it seems accurate.
But, of course, it's based on a slightly skewed premise. When announcing the cuts, he followed with this:
"None of these things alone are going to make a difference. But cumulatively they would make an extraordinary difference because they start setting a tone," Obama said. "And so what we're going to do is line by line, page by page, $100 million there, $100 million here, pretty soon, even in Washington, it adds up to real money."
I don't know about you, but that seems to make a hell of a lot of sense to me.
GG beat me to it. :-)
... it reminds me of all the media outlets talking about military funding cuts, although the overall spending on the military increased by 4% from the prior year.
Drain, it's stuff like that which make Mark Bloyd a Republican. Keep telling him the truth! :)
Oh goddang. I didn't post this to say I thought Obama's policies were crap or how i hate democrats or anything like that. It was just to give some sense of scale to amount of $100 million dollars.
That's it.
Nothing more.
And for the record, while yes, I am a registered Republican, I think both parties right now are full of shit.
Post a Comment