Tuesday, March 23, 2004

More battlefield crap.

Last night was a blast. GreenGuru, Kanati, and I spent about 2 or 3 hours last night killing unsuspecting, computer-controlled enemy soldiers. I don't think we ever played regular Battlefield, it was all Desert Combat.

We had Roger Wilco set up an running so we could actually talk to each other while playing. It was great.

GreenGuru: "I could use some sir support over here!"

Speedbump: "Where you located at?"

GG: "Grid E4, tank is comming down from the enemy base"

The A-10 swoops down into the valley overflying the friendly troops. He sights the enemy tank barreling towards his troops and releases his bombs...

A split second later the enemy tank explodes in a shower of molten metal.

Speedbump: "That get him?"

GreenGuru: "That got him. Looks great!"



Scenarios like this happened quite a few times over the course of the evening with the various roles and people switched. Anything from close air-support from airplanes, to tank battles, to Kanati riding gunner in an Apache with me (which by the way, kicked ass). I've come to the conclusion that the best part of Battlefield (any of them) is playing online with friends. Single player on your own PC blows. It's good for learning the maps and learning how to fly the various aircraft, but that is it. The glory of these games shines in multiplayer and specifically multiplayer with your friends.

Funny

I post this since PB stated that "Our core auidience would appreciate it". Enjoy.

No comments: