Thursday, March 11, 2004

Warning! This post may contain material of a nerd and/or geek nature. Normal people are not adivsed to continue reading...

Computer update

So I recieved the last box of my ordered computer components last night. Everything went together just fine and it powered up with no problems at all. That is until I got to the operating system. Since I only have the upgrade for XP, I have to install Win2K first and then upgrade it to XP. Well, 2K doesn't recognize a 160 GB hard drive in its initial partitioning phase. It wants to format it as 130 GB.

Screw. I'd lose 30 GB if I let that happen.

So I had to come to work and download a program from Seagate to hopefully remedy this problem. It makes a bootable CD that supposedly can format the large HD so that Win2K will accept the 160 partitions. But then once I get that done and install XP, everything should be fine. Should.

Im largely unmotivated at work this week, so I think I'm going to take off early today to go get it working. Hopefully tonight I'll be re-installing all my crap on the Frakenstien (as Micah so elequently refered to the home-bulit computer as)...

"PUTTIN ON THA RITZ!!!"

No comments: