Thursday, June 24, 2004

Once again I reiterate, Our page, Our lack of content.

Neck pain

You ever have one of those kinks in your neck that just won't go away? You try to pop it or drown it in advil but nothing works? I've had one running for about 3 days now. Just as I was leaving the apt I turned my head to one side and heard/felt a large POP! All better now.

Hmmm. After that last paragraph maybe I should change the header to "Our page, Our lack of good content".

Slowdown

Work has been kind of slow recently. I'm in transition between projects or waiting on other people to go ahead with the current projects I have. So I blog.

Poker

Some nights you are the statue, some nights you are the pigeon. I definitely started the night off as the statue with 3 pigeons sitting on my head. I lost my butt for the first half of the night. Then something happened. I turned into UBER-PIGEON!!! I kid you not, I think I won 4 hands in a row. Won back all my money and then some.

The best was a game of 5-card draw. I'm dealt 8sp, 10sp, Jsp, 5dia, 2hrt. I see that I have a decent shot at a flush with the spades so I throw away the 5 and 2 for 2 new cards. Well at this time, my friend Kris starts throwing big money. I get my new cards and low and behold, I was dealt into a straight. I landed a 7hrt and 9hrt. I figure this can't happen all too often in 5 card, so I match and raise everyone of his bets. That pot alone had to be around $8 to $10. We lay down and he proudly displays a 3 of a kind. Nope, not good enough. He was left with his jaw on the table. He couldn't believe that I actually drew an inside straight.

I love it when a plan comes together.

No comments: