Monday, April 23, 2007

At last

Sorry, I know some of you have been asking how the new job is and it's taken me until now to post. I usually come home so dead tired and brain dead I flop down on the couch and do nothing. I haven't gotten up before 10am on a day off since starting the new job either. I love the job so far; I'm still in training and will be for the next 3-4 weeks. I did have to work at my own store one day and ended up being there from 10am-11pm. It is mass chaos and going to need so much work it's not even funny. I will have my work cut out for me and lots of long hours.

Seeing dogs and cats everyday just gives me the spring in my step every other job I have ever had was missing. I can see myself getting to a point where I run a doggie daycare for a career and loving it. I would also love to be a dog trainer. But for now I will soak up every bit of I can to learn to be better with animals.

I have seen lots of dogs, some cats and even a hedgehog. This past Saturday I got to see my first two corgis and am happy to report one gave me kisses.

Of course I have dealt with some pissed off people and some very sad people already. I have seen 3-4 parvo cases and seen a couple dogs have to be put down. I know that's part of the business, but it will never get easier.

I have played, been peed on, gotten kisses and I'm still in training. Soon I will be at my own store and building relationships with the regulars and the job will be even better. There will even be days I can take my own kids to work with me if it's slow or I need some quick vet care.

I have even found myself coming home just wanting to sit on the floor and play with my kids or pet them. Working with other's kids reminds you how much you love your own and how lucky you are to have them.


The hubby and I have managed to catch a few movies in our little time together. We have seen Grindhouse and yesterday we saw Hot Fuzz. Both good stuff!

Ok, I have forgotten anything else I planned on blogging right now so I think that means I'm done. Later.

2 comments:

cyclefreaks said...

I am so excited for you, it sounds like a perfect fit. When you love your job, the long hours just don't matter. :)

Keep up the good work, we'll bring our kids to your store some day. ;)

Anonymous said...

I so happy for you. I wish I could bring the pup to work with me. I think you found your niche.
Congrats again, C.