Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Who am I?

In response to Steph's post I thought I'd try my own little "Get to know Mark" post. So here it goes:

- I don't buy clothes
- I listen to talk radio. Call it my need for intellectual stimulation while driving.
- I have been converted over to KoRn. Couldn't help it. The powers of Candice were too strong.
- I could watch the WWII channel (History Channel) for hours. Well, switching between that and stuff like Monster Garage and Junkyard Wars on TLC.
- I like books. They look good on my shelves. Occassionally I read them when I'm not feeding one of my other "addictions".
- I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintinence. Didn't do much for me. Still couldn't fix a motorcycle. (kidding)
- I think I'm more humorus in groups (of friends) than when 1 on 1 (I'm just a dork around the wife). I think I feed off the dynamics of group conversation.
- Mark has shown a willingness to take responsibility and work independently while at the same time being a capable team player.
- I can really spell. Just not type.
- I hate it when people say that tax cuts are only for the rich. The rich are the only ones truley paying the large burden of taxes in the first place.
- I'm not much of a writer and I really hate public speaking. Hence, I never took speech.
- I was also painfully shy as a child. I think that probably carries through even to today when I'm around strangers.
- I'm pretty much a non-confrontational guy.
- I wish I was a pilot. I have an infatuation with airplanes. If I could have any superpower it would be flight (and x-ray vision, can't fault me for that). I think that's why I like swimming. It's actually like flying in slow-motion.
- I never learned to play an instrument. I don't really regret it. Except when I look at a guitar.
- I have a lot of hobbies.
- I like video games. I have this unhealthy desire not to leave a game unfinished. Consequently open-ended games like Morrowind cause me problems. I have to force myself to stop playing them. That is one of the chief reasons I can't bring myself to play Evercrack. I could probably become easily addicted to something like that.
- Oh, I don't really like sports video games. I think that's my brothers fault. When we would play RBI Baseball on the Nintendo he would always reset the box when he would start to lose. I stopped playing sports games with him and stuck with beating him up. Oh well, Stick with what you know...
- I love Paintball. I'd still be playing if I could afford it.
- I have flat feet and wear funky inserts in my shoes. When the inserts wear out, my knees start to kill me.
- I feel unchallenged at work. Thoroughly unchallenged.
- I read Lord of the Rings before I knew it (they) was (were) going to be a movie(s).
- I think sometimes I come off as being an asshole. You've got to understand that that really isn't in me. Like I said before, I'm a non-confrontational kind of guy. Assholiness (hey that's kinda funny) is an attitude that provokes confrontation. Hence it really isn't in me. Not sure what to do about the mis-perceptions though.
- I like logic. Most of my actions and thoughts are goverend by a overall sense of logic and efficiency. Call it the engineer in me. Some say I'm un-emotional. That's not true... Well shit, now I sound like Spock.
- I aced Thermodynamics.
- I am VERY laid back.
- I think Rush Limbaugh is right, hence I am a Republican.
- I think liberalism is a short step away from Socialism. Yes, I think Socialism is bad. In my opinion it stifles the desire for individual accomplishment.
- I like McDonalds fries.
- I hate being the new guy. I had to change High Schools (moved from Arizona to Oklahoma) my Sophmore year. You have no idea what that is like (unless you've done it). It is social torture.
- I like role-playing games. Computer or pen-and-paper.
- It's fun to be drunk, but I hate the hangovers so I rarely do it.
- Most beer tastes like crap. I said most, not all.
- Dilbert and Foxtrot are my 2 favorite comics. Oh and Penny-Arcade.
- I like to people watch at large sporting events.
- I'm trying to break myself of saying "Crikey!"
- Crikey!..... shit.
- The name Mark means "warlike" in Latin. Not sure about that.
- Oh, I've also been accused of having a "one-track mind"...
- I also like to put together plastic model airplanes. Screw you, it isn't only for kids.
- I never had a dog as a kid. We had a cat named Domino (and currently have 3 kids.. Cats! I meant cats!) but I always wondered what it would be like to have a dog. Now as an adult I want a dog. Just have to wait on a house. I think I'd be a good dog person....

No comments: