Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Blow the dust off this thing...

So it's been a while. How ya doing?

I don't know what I've been doing or where I was last week. I took last friday off, so I ended up with a nice 4-day weekend. Alas, now I return to my virtual lease.

Todaybor day is Labor day

The parents came down on Sunday and stayed until Monday afternoon. We went and checked out a little of Wylie, Texas. It's a town out east of Plano where the husband of one my Dad's cousins builds houses at. What we saw was un-inspiring. Let's just say that we'll keep looking for a suitable area to possibly buy a house. (No, we aren't seriously looking right now, but it's always good to know a little about the surounding areas)

Sunday night we cooked up some Five-Flavored Beef and steamed veggies. Good stuff. THe Wife also made a Coca-Cola Cake. Pretty damn good. It actually uses Coke in the cake and the frosting. I'm not big on chocolate cakes, but I really liked this one. Good sugary frosting...

Monday we went over and checked out Cavanaugh Flight Museum since we hadn't taken the parents there before. Damn cool place. It looked like that they had a new addition of an old Corsair fighter that was in the process of being restored. Nice thing about this place is that most of the planes there are in flying condition. Hopefully we'll see that thing in the air over our apartment sometime.

Ok. That's it for me for now. It's early and I have a lot surfing to do.

On a stupid note:

No comments: