Fable
I picked up a copy of Fable on Tuesday. I plan on mentioning something about it once I have had sufficient time to get to know the game. So far, I've managed to squeak out about 2 hrs of gameplay. But those 2 hours have been impressive.
continued...
I got in a little more playtime late last night. The game is smooth. I'm starting to think that it is not as open as Morrowind. You don't have this world that is open in every direction. There are quasi-predefined areas of roaming or "zones". This might sound constraining, but you really don't notice it while playing. I'm still trying to completely understand the barter/trading aspect of the game and subsequently, all the stats associated with items and spells, etc...
The character development is pretty slick. There is no "mage" class or "fighter" class. You get awarded 4 different types of XP based on what skills you use (ie, do you prefer to slash enemies with your sword, or fry them to a crisp with magic lightening). You then can use the XP to purchase whatever skills you want (within the limits of the xp you gained).
I'll put up more later this weekend or so. But so far, Fable has a strong 9 out of 10.
Thursday, September 16, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment