Sunday, March 02, 2008

My weekend

I had been waiting for this weekend for a long time. One of my best friends, Misty, flew in for the weekend. We picked her up around 4:30 on Friday, fought the hour home in Dallas traffic. We had already decided to hit the Londoner that night for dinner and some beer. I love that place. Mark and I had the steak and mushroom pie and Misty had the Shepard's pie. We had some great beer and then walked around downtown McKinney for a little while. We grab some more beer on the way home and then just hung out. I think Misty and I were up until about 2:30am, Mark was snoring way before then.

Saturday we slept in until 10am or so and then hit the outlet mall. A little back history here, Misty had called me about 6 weeks ago freaking out after getting a really bad haircut and color. I got in touch with my girl and got her an appointment for Saturday afternoon to fix it all. We finished up with shopping and hair about 7pm. We drove home, changed and picked up Mark and then headed to Papadeux's to meet a friend of Misty's and his girlfriend. We ate some amazing food and then the friend suggested Korean Karoke. Mark and I don't sing so we were just along for the ride. After three hours of singing and Soju Misty was hating life. We got home some time after 3am and put her to bed.

Today is the last day she is here and the poor thing has the worst hang over. We have her for about another hour and then its back to the airport and home.

I think Mark enjoyed his Saturday of laziness, he watched movies and dinging a 70 on some WOW character. Woo hoo.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Someone better have kissed Kaia for me.

2 comments:

Okjerm said...

Dammit. I knew I forgot to do something while in Stillwater.

cyclefreaks said...

Sounds like a great weekend. And don't worry, Mom & Dad kiss Kaia a jillion times every day. Though Mom is sick so no kisses except to the top of her little head...